I am a Uganda-based freelance photographer, and this is a receptacle for whatever I'm toying with at the moment, varying greatly in quality like the goat stew which so often powers it. Personal blog etc.
All content on this site is © Will Boase unless otherwise stated.
See My Actual Work
- RT @kudupadraic: For #Burundi refugees, a shift to long-term temporary status: @_andrew_green for @devex devex.com/news/for-burun… http://t.c… 2 weeks ago
- Trying to figure out who is the guest of honour at a Ugandan government function? Look for the guy on the phone paying no attention at all. 3 weeks ago
- Nkurunziza swag. #Burundi #victory #rally instagram.com/p/4jCTXfpfcs/ 2 months ago
- #voters try to wash the indelible ink off their fingers before leaving the #polling station in… instagram.com/p/4gQ5expfbx/ 2 months ago
- Chaotic scenes at PAFE as citizens of #Burundi rush to get papers so that they can cross the borders… instagram.com/p/4Y8vaYJfT9/ 2 months ago
- 44,898 hits
Tag Archives: photographs
The rainy season is in full swing, bringing with it the delicious coolness, the incredible moist putrescence and the droves of mosquitoes. I’m trying to put together 2,000 images into a coherent 24-page booklet and it’s sending me a little … Continue reading
I have been spending the past week in Kitgum, the real heart of the LRA war. They would pass through the district on their way to attack from their Sudanese bases, and so Kitgum would be attacked on the way … Continue reading
One of the strangest jobs in this contract is photographing the sites of the refugee camps. Closed camps seem eerie, the sites of such human suffering, joy, happiness and hardship just tilled over and re-sown, or allowed to return to … Continue reading
As I may have mentioned, I am mentoring two students and teaching them basic photographic techniques. These are images shot by Fred Bunde, one of the two.
The long and bizarre story of how Steve and I ended up doing a loop round Uganda on a 100cc motorcycle in the rainy season is now on sale in issue 1 of Adventure Bike Rider Magazine, illustrations inside by … Continue reading