Six years and two months ago I was in Lima, aged 18 and enjoying the tail end of a very good gap year. I posted on my blog (which was called Eloquencias, despite being nothing of the sort) something about a fruit I had bought which resembled, now that I’ve seen more exotic fruit, a passion fruit of epic proportions. However the other day while I was working in Queen Elizabeth National Park I found something which truly was alien. I asked everybody its name and only one old man was able to give me an answer, a string of Runyankole words which nobody could translate. It reminded me of the scene in Lost in Translation when the creative director is giving long instructions to Bill Murray in Japanese, which the translator relays as “He says, more intensity!”.
I am a Uganda-based freelance photographer, and this is a receptacle for whatever I'm toying with at the moment, varying greatly in quality like the goat stew which so often powers it. Personal blog etc.
All content on this site is © Will Boase unless otherwise stated.
See My Actual Work
- I hope we #Remain and I hope @Nigel_Farage gets reminded of it every single day for the rest of his life. We are not you. #StrongerTogether 1 day ago
- Anyone else notice that #wales are #tattoo-free? Very out of place in a football championship. #EURO2016 1 week ago
- RT @FloraCarmichael: Check out country fans in Uganda photo gallery bbc.in/1SEptJT pics by @willboasephoto #BBCIdentity 2 months ago
- Museveni reelected with 60.75% #UgandaDecides 4 months ago
- The Ugandan Election 2016- proudly brought to you by @theTunnelBear #UgandaDecides 4 months ago
- 45,762 hits