During my Nowa Huta project (one day I’ll explain what that was all about, but at the moment all I can say is that it looks like it’s going to be exhibited soon) I went to the Nowa Huta steelworks in Krakow. This giant site, which I’ve already mentioned in my post about the Festiwal Muzyki Filmowej, is now owned and operated by ArcelorMittal, who very kindly let me go and photograph the slabbing plant for research. I quite liked some of the shots I got out, but haven’t had time to post them until now. So this is what the inside of a Soviet-built slabbing plant looks like, if you’re interested.
I am a Uganda-based freelance photographer, and this is a receptacle for whatever I'm toying with at the moment, varying greatly in quality like the goat stew which so often powers it. Personal blog etc.
All content on this site is © Will Boase unless otherwise stated.
See My Actual Work
- Seriously. Screw this. #FreeAlfredTaban #FreeGeorgeLivio #FreeSpeechIsNotACrime #JournalismIsNotACrime #SouthSudan https://t.co/d8pu3q7jXc 4 days ago
- RT @robmanuel: People shout on Twitter & nothing changes Someone makes a game where you catch Pokemon & people are in the street Making stu… 1 week ago
- RT @FOTO8: Remembering our colleague Turkish photojournalist Yeni Şafak killed last night by gunfire in the #Turkeycoup. https://t.co/jsiV5… 1 week ago
- We are being trolled so hard. 1 week ago
- RT @WilliamsJon: Britain's top diplomat. #Brexit, #Syria, #ISIS. What could possibly go wrong? #BorisJohnson https://t.co/fUeIMTdkqW 1 week ago
- 45,829 hits