During my Nowa Huta project (one day I’ll explain what that was all about, but at the moment all I can say is that it looks like it’s going to be exhibited soon) I went to the Nowa Huta steelworks in Krakow. This giant site, which I’ve already mentioned in my post about the Festiwal Muzyki Filmowej, is now owned and operated by ArcelorMittal, who very kindly let me go and photograph the slabbing plant for research. I quite liked some of the shots I got out, but haven’t had time to post them until now. So this is what the inside of a Soviet-built slabbing plant looks like, if you’re interested.
I am a Uganda-based freelance photographer, and this is a receptacle for whatever I'm toying with at the moment, varying greatly in quality like the goat stew which so often powers it. Personal blog etc.
All content on this site is © Will Boase unless otherwise stated.
See My Actual Work
- I love this piece: Why I played the cello at a Baghdad bombsite Via @malonebarry and @AJENews aje.io/yr55 4 weeks ago
- The greatest risk to a photographer's health is buffet leftovers. Been feeling weird ever since last Friday's remainders of chicken. 2 months ago
- RT @BBCFreeSpeech: Steve Bell from the @guardian hits out at the 'posturing maniacs' responsible for #CharlieHebdo http://t.co/T0L8XymgqW 4 months ago
- RT @ethicalman3: #CharlieHebdo The gunmen's basic message: If you don't stop calling our religion intolerant and violent, we'll murder you. 4 months ago
- RT @Natabaalo: Sad that you think like that RT @sempasaale: @Natabaalo Serves her right. Have you ever thought of wearing like that? 7 months ago
- 44,616 hits