During my Nowa Huta project (one day I’ll explain what that was all about, but at the moment all I can say is that it looks like it’s going to be exhibited soon) I went to the Nowa Huta steelworks in Krakow. This giant site, which I’ve already mentioned in my post about the Festiwal Muzyki Filmowej, is now owned and operated by ArcelorMittal, who very kindly let me go and photograph the slabbing plant for research. I quite liked some of the shots I got out, but haven’t had time to post them until now. So this is what the inside of a Soviet-built slabbing plant looks like, if you’re interested.
I am a Uganda-based freelance photographer, and this is a receptacle for whatever I'm toying with at the moment, varying greatly in quality like the goat stew which so often powers it. Personal blog etc.
All content on this site is © Will Boase unless otherwise stated.
See My Actual Work
- Nkurunziza swag. #Burundi #victory #rally instagram.com/p/4jCTXfpfcs/ 4 weeks ago
- #voters try to wash the indelible ink off their fingers before leaving the #polling station in… instagram.com/p/4gQ5expfbx/ 1 month ago
- Chaotic scenes at PAFE as citizens of #Burundi rush to get papers so that they can cross the borders… instagram.com/p/4Y8vaYJfT9/ 1 month ago
- #police load up luggage left behind by students who fled their camp as the police approached. The… instagram.com/p/4WfIiRpfdx/ 1 month ago
- The U.S. embassy in #Bujumbura on lockdown, with lots of students chased by police now stuck in the… instagram.com/p/4WexGFpfdW/ 1 month ago
- 44,796 hits