During my Nowa Huta project (one day I’ll explain what that was all about, but at the moment all I can say is that it looks like it’s going to be exhibited soon) I went to the Nowa Huta steelworks in Krakow. This giant site, which I’ve already mentioned in my post about the Festiwal Muzyki Filmowej, is now owned and operated by ArcelorMittal, who very kindly let me go and photograph the slabbing plant for research. I quite liked some of the shots I got out, but haven’t had time to post them until now. So this is what the inside of a Soviet-built slabbing plant looks like, if you’re interested.
I am a Uganda-based freelance photographer, and this is a receptacle for whatever I'm toying with at the moment, varying greatly in quality like the goat stew which so often powers it. Personal blog etc.
All content on this site is © Will Boase unless otherwise stated.
See My Actual Work
- Something dodgy about this padlock. instagram.com/p/7ZyWntpfQ4/ 3 weeks ago
- RT @kudupadraic: For #Burundi refugees, a shift to long-term temporary status: @_andrew_green for @devex devex.com/news/for-burun… http://t.c… 1 month ago
- Trying to figure out who is the guest of honour at a Ugandan government function? Look for the guy on the phone paying no attention at all. 2 months ago
- Nkurunziza swag. #Burundi #victory #rally instagram.com/p/4jCTXfpfcs/ 3 months ago
- #voters try to wash the indelible ink off their fingers before leaving the #polling station in… instagram.com/p/4gQ5expfbx/ 3 months ago
- 45,040 hits