During my Nowa Huta project (one day I’ll explain what that was all about, but at the moment all I can say is that it looks like it’s going to be exhibited soon) I went to the Nowa Huta steelworks in Krakow. This giant site, which I’ve already mentioned in my post about the Festiwal Muzyki Filmowej, is now owned and operated by ArcelorMittal, who very kindly let me go and photograph the slabbing plant for research. I quite liked some of the shots I got out, but haven’t had time to post them until now. So this is what the inside of a Soviet-built slabbing plant looks like, if you’re interested.
I am a Uganda-based freelance photographer, and this is a receptacle for whatever I'm toying with at the moment, varying greatly in quality like the goat stew which so often powers it. Personal blog etc.
All content on this site is © Will Boase unless otherwise stated.
See My Actual Work
- Some very useful advice. twitter.com/JasonNParkinso… 3 days ago
- RT @fcauganda: The BBC's Cathy Byaruhanga, FCAU co-chair, and BBC cameraman Kelvin Brown have been arrested in Abim, northern... https://t.… 3 days ago
- RT @Natabaalo: @cathkemi and crew were filming outside Abim hospital in northern #Uganda when they were arrested. #JournalismIsNotaCrime 3 days ago
- RT @MalcolmWebb: Hi @AskIGP, Uganda Police have arrested BBC's @cathkemi, cameraman Kelvin Brown, plus driver and fixer in Abim, #Uganda 3 days ago
- RT @amyfallon: BBC reporters @cathkemi & @KelvinNews detained by @ugandaupf in northern #Uganda while working on a healthcare story @UKinUg… 3 days ago
- 45,440 hits