I am a Uganda-based freelance photographer, and this is a receptacle for whatever I'm toying with at the moment, varying greatly in quality like the goat stew which so often powers it. Personal blog etc.
All content on this site is © Will Boase unless otherwise stated.
See My Actual Work
- "You have turned a incorruptible god into a corruptible man"- overheard in a queue in a shop in #kampala. 1 week ago
- I am protesting attacks on the media in Egypt. Journalism is not a crime and never should be. #FreeAJStaff thndr.it/1nTMx5U 1 week ago
- Finally got some pics from my #Africa #Rally #photo project up on my website- have a look, tell me what you think! willboase.com/rally-africa/ 3 weeks ago
- Amazing Namibian hipster style: designtaxi.com/news/363521/A-… via @spectacularanna 3 weeks ago
- Did Idi Amin try to kill a photographer because of an @nytimesphoto caption? bit.ly/1djiQFs CC @spectacularanna @JamesEstrin 1 month ago
- 42,321 hits
Tag Archives: photographs
The rainy season is in full swing, bringing with it the delicious coolness, the incredible moist putrescence and the droves of mosquitoes. I’m trying to put together 2,000 images into a coherent 24-page booklet and it’s sending me a little … Continue reading
I have been spending the past week in Kitgum, the real heart of the LRA war. They would pass through the district on their way to attack from their Sudanese bases, and so Kitgum would be attacked on the way … Continue reading
One of the strangest jobs in this contract is photographing the sites of the refugee camps. Closed camps seem eerie, the sites of such human suffering, joy, happiness and hardship just tilled over and re-sown, or allowed to return to … Continue reading
As I may have mentioned, I am mentoring two students and teaching them basic photographic techniques. These are images shot by Fred Bunde, one of the two.
The long and bizarre story of how Steve and I ended up doing a loop round Uganda on a 100cc motorcycle in the rainy season is now on sale in issue 1 of Adventure Bike Rider Magazine, illustrations inside by … Continue reading