I am a Uganda-based freelance photographer, and this is a receptacle for whatever I'm toying with at the moment, varying greatly in quality like the goat stew which so often powers it. Personal blog etc.
All content on this site is © Will Boase unless otherwise stated.
See My Actual Work
- RT @patreidmedia: @ajhmurray @Herring1967 @robinince Any chance of a RT? After 30 years, Bristol's Venue magazine goes down biting: http://… 2 days ago
- RT @spectacularanna: “Researching the history of Ugandan photojournalism”, a guest post that I wrote for FOTOTA blog http://t.co/ijXlhLaNH… 3 days ago
- I've been in the papers again... standard.co.uk/business/busin… 3 days ago
- My bed for the night. What really completes it is the zebra-print pillow, I think. Oh, #Uganda. @ Rock… instagram.com/p/hLz0aKJfWi/ 1 week ago
- Getty gen. counsel 'disappointed' over #Morel. I'd love to know what his hourly rate is. bjp-online.com/british-journa… (via @Russian_Photos, @1854) 1 week ago
- 41,213 hits
Category Archives: travel
I’m trying to carry my camera more (I carry it a lot, but usually in a bag). Here are some results.
I went took a break the past couple of weeks, and avoided my digital camera for a bit to try to remove the link between work and cameras that had built up in my head. It’s a cliché, but it … Continue reading
Dear all, thank you so much to all of those who have donated so far to my Indiegogo funding campaign about covering the elections in Kenya. You have been amazingly generous. We’ve raised nearly $2,000, and I can’t thank you … Continue reading
If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you’ll have seen lots of pictures of lots of different things, mostly monkeys and bad shirts. However on February 4th of this year I have the chance to do something which is … Continue reading
(Picture credit- Anna Kucma). I woke up the morning before this wearing this shirt and clambered out of my tent, only to meet a hippo. I must have looked like the greatest snack on earth.
A wonderful place, highly recommended.
Also- remember this epic post a while ago? Stay tuned for some exciting news! (Those pictures also got featured in a show in Zimbabwe’s National Gallery, but that’s not the big news).
I entered a competition a while ago which was seeking to illustrate displaced and/or refugee women working in safety, and found out today that I am shortlisted. The winner is decided by a public vote, and so long story short … Continue reading
The jets are practicing their fly-pasts over Kampala today, and I snapped this:
I teach photography to people occasionally- nothing particularly complex, just basic handling of SLRs and the outline of how to make pictures a little better. Recently a couple of students from the first class I ran contacted me. They wanted … Continue reading