I am a Uganda-based freelance photographer, and this is a receptacle for whatever I'm toying with at the moment, varying greatly in quality like the goat stew which so often powers it. Personal blog etc.
All content on this site is © Will Boase unless otherwise stated.
See My Actual Work
- RT @patreidmedia: @ajhmurray @Herring1967 @robinince Any chance of a RT? After 30 years, Bristol's Venue magazine goes down biting: http://… 5 days ago
- RT @spectacularanna: “Researching the history of Ugandan photojournalism”, a guest post that I wrote for FOTOTA blog http://t.co/ijXlhLaNH… 6 days ago
- I've been in the papers again... standard.co.uk/business/busin… 6 days ago
- My bed for the night. What really completes it is the zebra-print pillow, I think. Oh, #Uganda. @ Rock… instagram.com/p/hLz0aKJfWi/ 2 weeks ago
- Getty gen. counsel 'disappointed' over #Morel. I'd love to know what his hourly rate is. bjp-online.com/british-journa… (via @Russian_Photos, @1854) 2 weeks ago
- 41,259 hits
Category Archives: Photography
I’ve been doing lots of work on my website for the past few days, stretching my very basic understanding of HTML to the limit (read: copying and pasting other people’s advice into my site until it works) and it’s now … Continue reading
I’m trying to carry my camera more (I carry it a lot, but usually in a bag). Here are some results.
I went took a break the past couple of weeks, and avoided my digital camera for a bit to try to remove the link between work and cameras that had built up in my head. It’s a cliché, but it … Continue reading
I went to Rwanda for the weekend. More pics later. (Click to view big)
I love this house. Shot while on assignment for Raising Voices.
“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien Mame is a Senegalese drummer. He’s also the human equivalent of vitamin D. You can find out more … Continue reading
From a really rather marvellous essay on billjayonphotography.com, comes this list of rules for amateur photographers, written in The Amateur Photographer some time around the turn of the 20th Century. Number six is alarmingly prescient, given the current difficulties in … Continue reading
It has been a very, very long time. In the interim I have watched a man lose a presidential campaign, broken a very expensive lens and enjoyed the sensation of seeing a photo on the front page of a national … Continue reading
Dear all, thank you so much to all of those who have donated so far to my Indiegogo funding campaign about covering the elections in Kenya. You have been amazingly generous. We’ve raised nearly $2,000, and I can’t thank you … Continue reading
If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you’ll have seen lots of pictures of lots of different things, mostly monkeys and bad shirts. However on February 4th of this year I have the chance to do something which is … Continue reading
(Picture credit- Anna Kucma). I woke up the morning before this wearing this shirt and clambered out of my tent, only to meet a hippo. I must have looked like the greatest snack on earth.
A wonderful place, highly recommended.
Also- remember this epic post a while ago? Stay tuned for some exciting news! (Those pictures also got featured in a show in Zimbabwe’s National Gallery, but that’s not the big news).