During my Nowa Huta project (one day I’ll explain what that was all about, but at the moment all I can say is that it looks like it’s going to be exhibited soon) I went to the Nowa Huta steelworks in Krakow. This giant site, which I’ve already mentioned in my post about the Festiwal Muzyki Filmowej, is now owned and operated by ArcelorMittal, who very kindly let me go and photograph the slabbing plant for research. I quite liked some of the shots I got out, but haven’t had time to post them until now. So this is what the inside of a Soviet-built slabbing plant looks like, if you’re interested.
I am a Uganda-based freelance photographer, and this is a receptacle for whatever I'm toying with at the moment, varying greatly in quality like the goat stew which so often powers it. Personal blog etc.
All content on this site is © Will Boase unless otherwise stated.
See My Actual Work
- RT @schenkel_mark: In @DeGroene deze week een portret van 4 generaties vrouwen uit 1 familie op het platteland van Oeganda. Met foto's van … 19 hours ago
- RT @patreidmedia: @ajhmurray @Herring1967 @robinince Any chance of a RT? After 30 years, Bristol's Venue magazine goes down biting: http://… 6 days ago
- RT @spectacularanna: “Researching the history of Ugandan photojournalism”, a guest post that I wrote for FOTOTA blog http://t.co/ijXlhLaNH… 1 week ago
- I've been in the papers again... standard.co.uk/business/busin… 1 week ago
- My bed for the night. What really completes it is the zebra-print pillow, I think. Oh, #Uganda. @ Rock… instagram.com/p/hLz0aKJfWi/ 2 weeks ago
- 41,275 hits