During my Nowa Huta project (one day I’ll explain what that was all about, but at the moment all I can say is that it looks like it’s going to be exhibited soon) I went to the Nowa Huta steelworks in Krakow. This giant site, which I’ve already mentioned in my post about the Festiwal Muzyki Filmowej, is now owned and operated by ArcelorMittal, who very kindly let me go and photograph the slabbing plant for research. I quite liked some of the shots I got out, but haven’t had time to post them until now. So this is what the inside of a Soviet-built slabbing plant looks like, if you’re interested.
I am a Uganda-based freelance photographer, and this is a receptacle for whatever I'm toying with at the moment, varying greatly in quality like the goat stew which so often powers it. Personal blog etc.
All content on this site is © Will Boase unless otherwise stated.
See My Actual Work
- RT @CynicalSultan: The author, Anne Frank, is entirely remorseless about absconding and hiding from law enforcement authorities. #Economist… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MikePflanz: Fly540 from Lamu 6 hours delayed then fell into pothole on runway, stranding us all. Must be #PoliticallyInstigated 3 months ago
- RT @archiebland: If you're an aspiring foreign correspondent you should apply for this: thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/ric… 4 months ago
- RT @Independent: Anarchist conference descends into chaos ind.pn/1mq6inX http://t.co/zo2oD1LSxC 4 months ago
- RT @postphoto: The thrill of the chase: Rally racing in the heart of Africa wapo.st/1haiGDh @willboasephoto @fia http://t.co/kbmltB1… 5 months ago
- 43,611 hits