During my Nowa Huta project (one day I’ll explain what that was all about, but at the moment all I can say is that it looks like it’s going to be exhibited soon) I went to the Nowa Huta steelworks in Krakow. This giant site, which I’ve already mentioned in my post about the Festiwal Muzyki Filmowej, is now owned and operated by ArcelorMittal, who very kindly let me go and photograph the slabbing plant for research. I quite liked some of the shots I got out, but haven’t had time to post them until now. So this is what the inside of a Soviet-built slabbing plant looks like, if you’re interested.
I am a Uganda-based freelance photographer, and this is a receptacle for whatever I'm toying with at the moment, varying greatly in quality like the goat stew which so often powers it. Personal blog etc.
All content on this site is © Will Boase unless otherwise stated.
See My Actual Work
- RT @Natabaalo: Sad that you think like that RT @sempasaale: @Natabaalo Serves her right. Have you ever thought of wearing like that? 2 weeks ago
- RT @Natabaalo: Speaking now is @StefanASmith. He says graphic imagery is necessary in some cases #UPPA2014 2 weeks ago
- RT @RosebellK: Ths photo of a woman giving birth in a bush by Ojore tells a story of social injustice easily ignored #UPPA14 #Uganda http:/… 2 weeks ago
- RT @africamedia_CPJ: #Kenya Police chief bans regional police from media interviews. How can west, east -based journalists get the full sto… 2 weeks ago
- RT @fcauganda: Afternoon session will focus on using graphic images in the media. Join the discussion #UPPA14 2 weeks ago
- 43,755 hits