During my Nowa Huta project (one day I’ll explain what that was all about, but at the moment all I can say is that it looks like it’s going to be exhibited soon) I went to the Nowa Huta steelworks in Krakow. This giant site, which I’ve already mentioned in my post about the Festiwal Muzyki Filmowej, is now owned and operated by ArcelorMittal, who very kindly let me go and photograph the slabbing plant for research. I quite liked some of the shots I got out, but haven’t had time to post them until now. So this is what the inside of a Soviet-built slabbing plant looks like, if you’re interested.
I am a Uganda-based freelance photographer, and this is a receptacle for whatever I'm toying with at the moment, varying greatly in quality like the goat stew which so often powers it. Personal blog etc.
All content on this site is © Will Boase unless otherwise stated.
See My Actual Work
- "You have turned a incorruptible god into a corruptible man"- overheard in a queue in a shop in #kampala. 6 days ago
- I am protesting attacks on the media in Egypt. Journalism is not a crime and never should be. #FreeAJStaff thndr.it/1nTMx5U 1 week ago
- Finally got some pics from my #Africa #Rally #photo project up on my website- have a look, tell me what you think! willboase.com/rally-africa/ 3 weeks ago
- Amazing Namibian hipster style: designtaxi.com/news/363521/A-… via @spectacularanna 3 weeks ago
- Did Idi Amin try to kill a photographer because of an @nytimesphoto caption? bit.ly/1djiQFs CC @spectacularanna @JamesEstrin 1 month ago
- 42,293 hits